Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Getting Started

As I settle in for the last few weeks of student teaching I have come to realize just how much the internet has affected my methods of teaching in the classroom.  Not too bad for a girl who waited 15 years to get this degree!  It amazes me as I watch my cooperating teacher attempting to tidy and organize her classroom...she has spent the last few weeks going through page after page of 30 years of books and handouts in an attempt to find the things she actually has a purpose for.  The amount of resources she has acquired is staggering, and more than a little daunting.  In complete opposition, I decided I needed a good character map for the 1973 animated version of The Lorax and within moments had one downloaded, printed and photocopied for the class.  It really opened my eyes to how easy technology can make a teachers life if they use it correctly.  So, I decided I shouldn't be greedy...and at that moment this blog was born.

I've been toying with the idea of creating a blog for the last little while and have made the grand decision to act on my thoughts!  Hopefully, this all goes as I plan..

Although I often acquire inspiration through the internet, just as frequently I give it my own personal twist by combining several ideas into the one that works for me.  As I create these ideas I hope to use this blog, not just to share them, but to store them for myself as well.  Please feel free to access the documents and adapt my ideas for your own use whenever you can, and please leave me a comment to let me know if they work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment